We are interested in hiring an experienced steel stud framer to complete quality and detailed work. If you have the experience and possess a good attitude, we want to hear from you! Jobs will be within Toronto and GTA. Additional compensation is made for jobs outside a 60km radius of our head office.
The key responsibilities of a Steel Framer are the following:
- Follow directions provided by Foreman or Superintendent
- Install light gauge and heavy gauge steel framing (exterior walls, interior walls, floors etc.)
- Install drop ceiling systems
- Installation of T-bar grid and Tiles
- Installation of drywall
- Read and interpret architectural and structural drawings.
- Coordinate with multiple people including clients, builders, architects and other employees
- Train prospective employees.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Layout floor plans
- Set up and take down scaffolding as required
- Clock in and clock out on company timesheet including detailed description of duties performed.
- Ensure scope of work is being completed efficiently and according to company standards
- Train apprentices and prospective employees.